POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Wanted: Include file/scene of a Lighthouse : Re: Wanted: Include file/scene of a Lighthouse Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:23:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wanted: Include file/scene of a Lighthouse
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 26 Aug 2000 00:02:14
Message: <39a74146@news.povray.org>
"DreamChaser" <jko### [at] bellsouthnet> wrote in message
| I am working on a Web Site for a boating organization in Pensacola, FL and
| for the navigation bar I would like to have the lighthouse in Pensacola.
Can
| someone help me out. The files, links to other lighthouse files that I can
| use  in POV, etc. Thanks in advance.

Hey there Jeff, since I've tried to do a lighthouse before and you brought
this up again I took a look at pictures of that one on several of the many
web pages about it.  I managed to do a POV-Ray scene file of it, crudely of
course, based on what I saw.
Gail Shaw has done a lighthouse too, so have a few other people I'd wager.
The animation I did of it is at povray.binaries.animations group, subject is
Pensacola Lighthouse so you can't miss it.  If you think it looks okay then
I'll post the script back here in this group.  I hope you can do well with
modifications in POV-Ray, it's unfinished obviously and everything isn't
correct.  I guess it woul do for a smaller imagemap in a web page though.
Btw, no, I wasn't working on that Pensacola one before now.  Just delved in
to see if I could today, reason it's incomplete and inaccurate.  However I
used height and breadth info I found on the web.

Bob